Splunk Engineer (Contract)
3-Months Rolling-on - Fintech/Wealth Management
My client, a global leading Fintech/Wealth Management provider has an immediate requirement for a Splunk Engineer to work on a 3-month rolling-on contract position. You will be collaborating with their monitoring engineering team, support teams and their customers to develop monitoring solutions.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Application Support – developing new and innovative solutions to their monitoring requirements.
- Stakeholder Communication – ensuring all monitoring solutions are embedded into production BAU and handed over to their operational support teams.
- Project management – Manage their monitoring solutions from design, build, test, implementation and handover. Their team follows a DevOps model so we will maintain their tooling and build for any upgrades, defects or improvements after they go live.
- Service Level Management – support the Service Managers in delivering their services within KPIs, SLAs and contractual obligations.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
Monitoring Progress & Reporting:
- Ensure all monitoring solutions are delivered timely and accurately in line with core standards.
- Provide regular progress updates to all relevant stakeholders, ensuring concerns are reported to the Production Monitoring
- Maintain a risk log for any design recommendations throughout design reviews, passing this to the Risk Team at regular intervals.
Planning, Prioritisation & Organisation:
- Manage the assigned workload effectively and prioritise projects in line with the team and company priorities.
- Anticipate and communicate potential issues to the team and Production Monitoring
Communication & Influencing:
- Question and challenge any key decisions which may have an adverse impact on specific their business processes.
- Educate others and enforce monitoring standards throughout all monitoring solutions.
- Ensure all new monitoring is handed over to operational teams and is embedded in to BAU. It will require clear and concise documentation and include a detailed handover session with the relevant teams.
Analysing & Problem Solving:
- Critically evaluate any problems that may arise, referencing past experiences while having an awareness of wider implications.
- Be responsible as part of the team, for support, enhancement and development of systems as required by them, covering a range of business applications and involving a mix of architectures and coding languages
Knowledge, Learning & Developing:
- Continually expand knowledge of their platforms, products and operational processes.
- Share knowledge with the team and present any findings at the weekly team meeting.
- Become an expert on their datasets and their business.
- Assist other department engineers in creating practical demonstrations of proposed solutions and demonstrating them to other members of the team.
- Work closely with engineering professionals within the company to maintain hardware and software needed for projects to be completed efficiently.
Challenging & Improving:
- Seek to understand core changes.
- Suggest new ideas and ways to improve the existing monitoring solutions where possible.
- Analyze current technology utilized within the company and develop steps and processes to improve and expand upon them.
- Actively contribute to weekly Team Meetings
- Work with existing monitoring team to meet key project deliverables.
- Establish milestones for necessary contributions from departments and develop processes to facilitate their collaboration.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE:
- Experience with Microsoft .NET development products, including C#, VB.NET, SQL Server, Terraform, Splunk, API, Jira.
- Masters Degree or higher in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Physics or other Sciences or equivalent working experience.
- Superior SQL skills.
- Interest / familiarity with financial markets and products
- Experience developing engineering applications for a large corporation.
- Experience with software engineering
- Experience working together with teams from several departments to facilitate the orderly execution of a proposed project plan.
- Professional experience and a high-level understanding of working with various operating systems and their implications.
- Passionate about providing an excellent service experience for their clients
- Strong analytical thinking and keen attention to detail
- Highly logical with proven problem-solving abilities
- Independent, self-directing and delivery focused working style
- Excellent communication skills, confident in dealing with internal and external clients
- Able to take initiative learn quickly in a dynamic fast-paced industry
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Excellent organisational, administration and time management skills.
If you fit the above skill set and are now keen to secure your next contract, please forward over a copy of your CV to be considered.