Senior Analyst Developer - London, Birmingham, Newcastle or Edinburgh - Hybrid working
Salary - £58,000 - £68,000
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Software Developer to join a multibillion dollar Fintech company based in London, due to a significant piece of new business from one of their key customers. The company we are looking to hire for is rapidly expanding globally and is offering the opportunity for an incredible career with a massive upward trajectory.
About The Role:
Our client’s software developers are all-rounders who analyse required system changes, design databases, write complex financial business logic and create slick web applications. They also work closely with analyst testers and other members of their project team to produce world class software. The developers will be expected to learn all about our application, the business and the industry we operate in.
What you will be doing within Analysis & Design:
- Assist the analyst tester in the creation of user story definitions and acceptance criteria
- Work within the constraints of the feature/user story to define the underlying design required to deliver these changes
- Ensure the solution is well defined and fit-for-purpose. It must meet the requirements and work end-to-end. This will require a solid understanding of the underlying business processes involved in and surrounding the change
- Provide solutions and recommendations for the resolution of technical issues that arise and ensure solutions meet the technical specs and design requirements
- Help design and build APIs and external system interfaces for integration into their core products and third-party vendor applications
- Interpret complex financial business requirements and translate into high-transactional, high-availability, secure, working systems
- Design and build the highly intuitive user interface and interactive financial tools required by financial advisers and investors
- Develop real-time transaction processing systems that support millions of trades every day in investment securities in multiple world markets
- Work closely with our Solution Consultants and Analyst Testers to design and implement new functionality for our major institutional customers around the world.
- Collaborate with other developers to make sure that the solutions developed are robust and in-line with the requirements
- Ensure code is designed and built in a reusable manner.
- Able to build high complexity features end-to-end
- Expert in multiple system/technical areas of the employers’ platform
- Contributor to global non-client specific projects to advance key technical strategies across the business.
- Adhere to the defined procedures for code management, code reviews, coding standards, naming conventions and security standards
- Write automated unit tests for any newly created code
- Perform manual testing to ensure any changes made to the system are of a high standard and the system hasn’t regressed.
- Perform code reviews for developers on their own and different projects, inside the solution centre, to ensure that proposed changes meet quality and best practice standards.
- Able to design new core system functionality or completely redesign existing ones.
- Promote the development team both internally and externally. Ensure that creative solutions, tight code, tough problems solved are called out appropriately to the developer community, and where they lead to visible outcomes, to the broader teams and clients; and
- Collaborate with other developers to share knowledge, best practices, useful technology, and opportunities for cross-project system design / solutions.
- Mentor new starters to ensure they understand both platform and SDLC.
- Provide solution centre-wide training, as required, on topics of personal expertise.
- Perform the role of Lead Developer for client projects, if required.
- Keep abreast of latest and/or relevant technologies, tools and methods. Identify adoption of technology, tools and methods best suited to the employer
- Proactively resolve technical (environmental, coding and testing) issues that impede development progress. Assist in the resolution of technical issues when requested by other developers; and
- Create novel solutions to problems by incorporating cutting edge technology or generic concepts.
What experience you will need to have:
- First class bachelors degree or higher and/or equivalent experience;
- Experience of working on large scale technology delivery projects and successfully delivering technology change as part of these projects
- Confident, and able to take a lead role in a delivery-focused environment
- Experience of working with different levels of stakeholders within a project environment
- Independent, self-directing working style
- Ability to learn quickly in a dynamic fast-paced industry
- Enjoy working as part of a high-performance team
- Hard-working, innovative and takes pride in their work; and
- Passionate about creating innovative solutions for customers.
- Expert in Microsoft .NET development products, including .NET, C# and SQL Server
- Experience with the following legacy development products would be beneficial: ASP.NET MVC, VB.NET, legacy .NET Framework versions.
- Familiarity with financial products and markets
- Understanding of web services
- Familiar with code analysis or automated testing tools.
What they can offer you:
- Discretionary Bonus
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Care
- Personal Development
- Many more
If you think you would be a good fit for this role, please feel free to apply to the role directly or feel free to message me directly for a confidential chat.