We've highlighted some of the greatest UX books and best UI design books, as identified by our candidates and clients. Below you can find books ranging from product design, user interface and user experience books to learn UI UX design; the best apple UI design; the best android UI design book and other UI UX resources for beginners and also for more senior UX and UI professionals.
- User Experience Revolution Book [Paul Boag]
This book does what it claims to, and Paul Boag’s sensational User Experience Revolution Book is certainly proving popular among junior and senior practitioners alike.
- The User Experience Team of One: A Research and Design Survival Guide [Leah Buley]
User Research books can take on many forms. This one is focused on being the sole user experience designer at an organisation. From tips on how to evangelise your work; engaging and educating non-UX colleagues to time-saving and practical advice on your next UX project as a team of one.
- Designing Brand Identity: An Essential Guide for the Whole Branding Team [Alina Wheeler]
This book is not only a UI UX design book but purposed for a wider commercial slant on branding and how the various elements and business functions work together.
- Just My Type [Simon Garfield]
This classic book gives you a good overview of typefaces and typography. The New York Times praised the book, saying that it "does for typography what Lynne Truss's best-selling Eats, Shoots & Leaves did for punctuation".
- Quantifying the User Experience: Practical Statistics for User Research [Jeff Sauro and James R. Lewis]
One of the best books for UI UX, this addresses the various products that UX professionals use, with many useful statistical methods for analysing the user experience.
- 100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People [Susan Weins]
- Designing for Interaction: Creating Innovative Applications and Devices [Dan Saffer]
- Measuring the User Experience: Collecting, Analyzing, and Presenting Usability Metrics [Thomas Tullis, William Albert]
- Don't Make Me Think, Revisited: A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability [Steve Krug]
- About Face: The Essentials of Interaction Design [Alan Cooper]
- Ui Is Communication: How to Design Intuitive, User Centered Interfaces by Focusing on Effective Communication [Everett N. McKay]
- Simple and Usable Web, Mobile, and Interaction Design [Giles Colborne]
- Universal Principles of Design, Revised and Updated: 125 Ways to Enhance Usability, Influence Perception, Increase Appeal, Make Better Design Decisions, and Teach through Design [William Lidwell]
- Designing Interfaces: Patterns for Effective Interaction Design 2nd Edition [Jennifer Tidwell]
- The Design of Everyday Things: Revised and Expanded Edition [Donald A. Norman]
- Work for Money, Design for Love: Answers to the Most Frequently Asked Questions About Starting and Running a Successful Design Business [David Airey]
- Interviewing Users: How to Uncover Compelling Insights [Steve Portigal]
- Design’s Iron Fist [Jarrod Drysdale] - Free ebook (UI UX Design Books PDF)
- The Vignelli Canon [Massimo Vignelli] - Online resource
- A Designer’s Art [Paul Rand] - (UI Design Books PDF)
Please feel free to add your suggestions of your best UI design books, best user experience books, whether they are the best books to learn UI UX design or more generalist, we’re interested to hear more. Whether you are able to provide UX resources for beginners or any UX or UI books that have influenced you, we’d love to hear from you in the comments section below.
comments powered by Disqus